Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Vacation Saga Continues


Well, Billy heard about the Disneyland trip for the kids I was financing and he had the bright idea for him and his wife to look after little Jake and me to take his son Austin to Disneyland instead. So that is what we are going to do. They will have a much better time with Austin than Jake anyways. Mom talked to Austin's mom and she said she would trade weekends with Billy so Austin could go. Austin's mom said is was stupid to take a baby to Disneyland because they won't have any fun and they are difficult to do things with. Well, she is right. So instead we are taking an almost 5 year old that has an attitude problem. I'm sure this will be much better. (yeah, right) I think I have lost all my marbles. 5 kids, I'm taking 5 kids on an 8 hour drive to stay 3 days in 1 hotel room. I'm sure I've lost it.
On another note, mom is happy she's sure her retirement is looking better and better. She says she's seeing retirement on a cruise ship, instead of the old folks home. I hope she's right.
Mom got a good 6 straight hours of sleep last night. However, I had a sick boy. It was about 7 hours from the time I went to sleep till the time I started getting ready for work. However, I woke up 5 or 6 times to check on the little angel, give him medicine, and get him juice (gatorade) to drink. It was still way better then the 3 and a half of uninterrupted sleep I got the night before. Benjamin has had a very low temp today and took a long nap. He started having a fit when I picked him up. I gave him a bath then he had to lay down while I made dinner and as soon as he was done eating it was to bed for the night. When he fell asleep the fit finally stopped. Thank goodness.

4 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

The fit may have not stopped...the night is not over...this may just be a short pause.....and what I said was I think if my daughter gets that CPA license I may be looking at a much better convalescent home......Maybe she could just afford to keep me on a cruise ship......

Sister--Helen said...

I told melissa about 6:pm tell Kris she is going to get a newspaper and go to the bar instead.....Kris has never drank she probably would not know if Missy was lit.... Those kids would be a lot easier to take if you were half lit.....trust me...

Sister--Helen said...

I'll bet Mama told him to smile for that picture....

Galla Creek said...

I enjoy reading about your life.
Aunt B