Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Special" People

I drive a lot. I put 25,000 miles on my car in 1 year. Right now I am driving about 120 miles to daycare, work, and back. I spend about 3 hours a day commuting and this doesn't count going to the grocery store or over to see mom or any weekend driving. So I want to tell you about all the "special" people I am forced to share the roads with everyday.

A couple of years ago I determined that there are a lot of "special" people here in the metro area. I am unsure exactly what makes them so "special" but you can easily spot them. (Well, Kris can't but that's neither here nor there.)

"Special" People
1. Drive along a lane of cars waiting in line and then cut in at the front.
2. Drive in the carpool lane alone.
3. Have determined that turn signals are for "lesser" drivers.
4. Refuse to allow anyone to merge in front of them no matter what.
5. Feel the need to change lanes 4 or more times in a mile, usually while going 80-100 mph.
6. Think they have the right to occupy the same space as another car, at the same time.
7. Are going so fast they make you feel like you are not moving and you are really going 70 mph.
8. Usually the ones that caused the accident, resulting in a fatality, that closed the freeway and results in me spending two or three times as long trying to get home, and someone else never making it.

These are just a few of the things "special" people do. Sometimes I wish I was "special" too. Instead I follow the traffic laws.

Next, I will write about proper horn usage. I have a few stories on that.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you get there safe. I am not a good driver and I hope some will remember that a lot of us don't set out with a plan to make everyone mad...we are just old and not good drivers.

It also makes me so nervous to have to drive to a new city with exits and find a store that I want to pull over to the side of the road and cry. I don't tell this often but I think Laura and Larry ahve figured it out...if I have to leave Russellville except going to Harrison or Green Forest they volunteer to take me.

Be patient and remember to forgive all human behavior.

Sister--Helen said...

Don't forget all people get stupid when it rains her

Galla Creek said...

Hope you stay up late and give us another story tonight. i enjoyed reading these this morning...so I am ready for the next one.

I give Larry Benedryl ...don't tell.

Galla Creek said...

Guess it is Benadryl.