Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Story

Well, everyone says they want a story. Here it is...
I decided to take little Benjamin, my sister, and her 4 kids to San Diego on vacation in a couple of weeks. The plan was to leave Friday night about 7pm so the kids would sleep on the drive over and we would get to our hotel about 1:30 am. Then we would hang out on the beach and maybe go see the sights, but no theme parks. Then come home Monday night. Kris and the kids are off that week on fall vacation and I would just go to work on 2 or 3 hours sleep. I figured this would cost me about the same as me taking little Benjamin to Legoland for the weekend. You know it's gonna be pricey when the first thing you have to do to plan the vacation is find a car to rent before you start the vacation. I have a very nice new car but it will only hold 5 people. Kris has a Saburban, but I would worry about driving it that far since it is older and has had some problems. Mom and Dad's 2 vehicles will only hold 5. So I have rented a Minivan to drive us all to California.
Then Mom found a web site that had a good deal on passes to go to Legoland and the San Diego Zoo and about 30 other things. So I thought "well, I'll go ahead and get those it will only be abou $400 more." I mean if you're gonna do something stupid like take 5 kids on a vacation, why not go all the way. The more I though about it the more I thought well if we are going to go some where we might as well go to Disneyland and have a really great time. So I am now trying to find a good deal on tickets to Disneyland and a great hotel. I mean if you're gonna do something stupid like take 5 kids on a vacation, why not go all the way. At this point I then decided to check on how much it would cost to stay at the Disneyland hotel. Thank goodness they are booked solid that weekend, so back to looking for tickets. My only saving grace is that since 3 of the 5 children we are taking are under 3 I only have to buy tickets for me, Kris, Kenzie, and Micheal and the little ones are free.
Well, here you have a story. I just talked to mom and she said you all didn't want to hear about this story. She said you would only want to hear about stories about her. I'll try to write one later. For now I have to get back to searching the internet for a really cheap price on a 4 star hotel and some Disneyland tickets.