Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy News!

Austin had his birthday party on Sunday. I offered to drive Billy and Kimmie, so we would use my gas. They agreed that was a good idea. I am such a nice person...Especially since the party was from 11:15-1:15 and mom decided to set up a hair appointment for Kris at 1:00 and told her to leave her 4 kids at the party and I would look after them. Now I would have 2 helpers who were stuck helping me till I drove them home. Ok, I'm not really that nice, but you have to admit it was a smart thing to do.

The following is part of the conversation on the way there.
Me: My next house needs a pool.
Billy: Yes, our next house does.
(I let this comment slide)
Me: And an extended 2 garage.
Billy: A 3 car would be better.
Me: Why would I need a 3 car?
Billy: Two for your car and stuff and one for my stuff?
Me: Are you planning on moving with me?
Billy: Yes.
Me: Have you talked to Kimmie about this?
Billy: Sorta. I’m moving with you.
Me: Kimmie what do you think of moving with me.
Kimmie: I’m moving where ever Billy moves.
Me: Ok.
Billy: We need to 2 master bedrooms also.
Me: Yeah.
Billy: Even better, a pool house.
Me: Billy I can’t afford a house with a pool house.
Billy: Yeah, a pool house and I could expand it to make it bigger if we needed.
Me: Billy, I can’t afford a house with a pool house. And even if I could do you know how big the main house would be. At least 3000 sq feet. What do me and little Benjamin need with 3000 sq ft of house. No, I will not live in the pool house and give you the main house. I can’t afford a pool house.
Billy: Well, it needs 2 masters. Unless you want to give the master to us.
Me: She who signs the loan papers gets the master.
Kimmie: That’s fair.

So, that's my "happy news" (I'm still working on convincing myself of this)
Billy, Kimmie, Austin, and future baby are moving with me. Did I mention that my lease isn't up until Halloween? Well, I guess this is an improvement. I don't think I have ever know Billy to have a plan for anything so far in advance.

Now I've got to get a much better job to support this house I need. Trust me the 2023 sq ft we currently have isn't enough room. 2500 at least. I probably can't afford 3000. I can't buy more mortgage than I can make on my own and I want to put down 20% because I will never pay PMI again.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Brothers are the best. You are lucky to have Billy ....and he is luckier to have you!~